Before Booking
Making a Booking and Terms & Conditions
Moving In
Living at Victoria Hall Nottingham
Moving Out

Before Booking

Where does Victoria Hall have accommodation?
We are based in University cities across the UK and Europe. To view our UK locations check out the Locations page on the website.

Can I view a room before I make a booking?
To find out when we have viewings please contact the relevant Management Office. You can do this for Nottingham by telephoning 0115 908 2600, emailing nottingham@victoriahall.com or you can call in if you are passing. An appointment will be made for you to view a standard flat and bedrooms.

Do you have summer accommodation?
We have rooms available throughout the summer months for students and non-students. Please contact us to get further information and make a booking.

Making a Booking and Terms & Conditions

How do I make a booking?
You can make an application on-line or you can request an application pack from us. To make an online application simply click on the online booking link on our website. This will take you through the process. If you chose to pay in installments you will need to send us details of a UK guarantor. Victoria Hall won’t confirm your booking until all information is returned to us and the initial rent payment has been made. To request an application pack you can telephone us on 0115 908 2600, email us at nottingham@victoriahall.com or call into the office. We can send you the booking information by post or email. All you have to do is return all the documents to us.

Do I have to be a student to live at Victoria Hall?
To take out a tenancy with us you need to be eligible for council tax exemption. This applies to all full time students and some part time students, if you are unsure your University or College should be able to advise you whether you are exempt.

Can I live with my friends?
When making your booking you can request to share with friends. We will not hold rooms for your friends, so it is up to you to make sure your friends apply at the same time as you so that we can try to place you in a flat together.

Can two people share a room with a double bed in it?
All of our rooms are for single occupancy only.

If I book by myself how will you allocate me a room?
We look at the room type you have requested, your year of study, gender and any other preferences. Victoria Hall will try to allocate you to a flat that is suitable to your situation and preferences, however it is not always possible for us to meet your requests.

I have some requests for my room, will you guarantee them?
Please contact the reception. Whilst we will do what we can to try to meet your requests, we cannot guarantee room type, flat type, location or the profile of the other residents in your flat. . Can I live at Victoria Hall for more than one year?
Yes, it is possible for you to stay at Victoria Hall throughout your studies. Bookings are taken on a first come first served basis so be sure to re-book as soon as possible.

What are the terms and conditions of the tenancy agreement?
A copy of the standard Victoria Hall Nottingham Tenancy agreement can be downloaded from this website. All residents will receive a copy of their tenancy to keep upon arrival.

Can I cancel my contract before I move in?
A copy of the standard Victoria Hall Nottingham Cancellation Policy can be downloaded from this website.  All residents will receive a copy of their tenancy to keep upon arrival.

Can I cancel my contract and move out early?
If you cancel your contract before the contract begins you will be subject to our cancellation terms and charges. Cancellations will only be accepted upon receipt of a completed cancellation form. Contact the Nottingham office to request a form.

If I move out early what will happen?
If another tenant is found to take over your tenancy Victoria Hall will agree to release you from your contract. You will be required to pay an administration charge. You must vacate your room and return the keys to the Management Office. You will be refunded any overpaid rent after you have moved out. This refund will be calculated based on the date the new tenant takes up occupation of the room not the date you move out. Should no replacement tenant be found for your room you will be liable for the rent for the duration of your Tenancy Agreement.

Moving In

What do I need to bring with me on arrival?
Make sure you bring your accommodation booking confirmation with you as well as some form of ID. If you have been asked to bring any additional items when making your booking make sure you have them with you as you will need to produce them before your keys will be issued.

Is there somewhere to park when I am unpacking?
Victoria Hall Nottingham will have use of the council car park (Pay and Display) situated beneath us.

Will there be someone to collect my keys from?
Victoria Hall has staff on site 24 hours a day. At the start of contract we have extended opening hours and you are advised to arrive when the office is open. However if you arrive when the office is closed, instructions outside our office will advise you how to contact the member of staff on duty.

What happens on move in day?
You will be welcomed on arrival in our Management Office by a member of Victoria Hall staff. You will be asked to sign a fire safety agreement and provide any documents that are outstanding from you. After this we will issue you with a welcome pack which contains all the information you need to live at Victoria Hall and you will be shown to your room.

What if I am not happy with my allocated room or my flatmate?
Part of the University experience is meeting people from different backgrounds, interests and cultures. We hope that you will enjoy the diversity of University life, however should you be unhappy it is worth spending some time talking to your flatmates to try to come to some mutually agreeable solution. It is usually not possible for a room move unless an empty room is available. It is important to remember that moving to University is a stressful time and that initial teething problems are usually resolved within the first few weeks.

Will I be able to change rooms after I have arrived?
It is not usually possible to change rooms after you have arrived. All rooms are allocated on a 42 week contract and unless another resident also requests a room swap we would be unable to change your room.

Living at Victoria Hall Nottingham

Can I move in before my contract starts?
Accommodation is available throughout the summer period so it is possible for you to move in early provided you book in advance.

What cooking equipment is provided in my flat?
All flats come with a cooker, hob, microwave, toaster and kettle provided. We also supply an extensive kitchen pack which includes cutlery, crockery and pans for you to use.

Can I get bedding supplied?
Bedding is not supplied here at Victoria Hall Nottingham.

Is there a telephone in my flat?
All flats have a direct dial telephone supplied within the hallway. Calls between flats, to the Management Office and between most other Victoria Halls are free. To call out, residents are provided with an individual pin on request, call credit is purchased in advance and calls are charged on a pay-as-you-go basis provided by our internet server Ask4.

What Broadband packages are there?
A 14Mb broadband connection is provided to every room at Victoria Hall free of charge. If you need a faster connection or connecting multiple devices, you can choose to upgrade to a 30Mb, 70Mb or even a 100Mb connection if you wish. Our provider also offers residents additional add-ons for TV, gaming and back-up. All residents wishing to use the internet services must sign up to the terms and conditions of use.

How do I connect to the internet?
You can connect via Wi-Fi or a Cat 5 patch cable – if you don’t have one, you can buy one from the Reception.

You can connect to the internet via Wi-Fi throughout the hall with the speed up to 10Mb/s. Alternatively a Cat 5 patch cable will be required to connect to the internet with the speed up to 14Mb/s. These can be purchased from the Reception. A Pre-arrival page is available to help you to connect if you need it, as well as dedicated telephone support teams to help you if you have any problems.

To contact ASK4 with pre-arrival queries or assistance when you move in, visit YOUR INTERNET website or call the support team on 0114 303 3232. Alternatively, text ‘help me’ to 07797 800 545 to receive a call back or email support@ask4.com.


Is a TV provided?
TVs are provided in the lounges of each flat.

What TV channels are provided?
Victoria Hall has a selection of TV channels from Freeview and Sky.

Can I park on site?
Sorry, there is no parking available at Victoria Hall Nottingham.

Where can I store my bike?
A covered and secure external bike storage area is located in the Victoria Hall complex and storage is at the owners’ risk. No bikes may be stored within the flats.

Is there always a member of staff on site?
All our residences are staffed 24-hours a day, 7 days a week by trained Caretakers or Security Guards. The Management Office is open Mon-Thurs 9am to 6pm and on Fridays 9am to 5pm.

What are the opening hours of the Management Office?
The Management Office is open Mon-Thurs 9am to 6pm and on Fridays 9am to 5pm. On a weekend or Bank Holiday the office is open between 12-1pm to allow you to collect post, credit your laundry card and report maintenance. During the summer months these opening times will change – please email nottingham@victoriahall.com for further information.

What about security?
We provide 24 hour security with CCTV, electronic access control and a member of staff on site at all times. Our residents also have a responsibility for ensuring the site is kept secure and are asked to ensure the accommodation remains safe.  They can do this by not allowing access to non-residents unless they are signed in at Reception and reporting anything suspicious to staff immediately.

How do I report maintenance?
Maintenance should be reported to the Management Staff during office hours and our caretakers will be informed. You can also contact the caretakers for any emergencies out of office hours.

What happens once I have reported maintenance?
You problems will be reported at reception and logged in our maintenance book and the Caretaker will attend to make the necessary repairs as soon as possible. Occasionally it will not always be possible to complete the repair on the first visit and a subsequent visit may be necessary. Repairs are responded to on a priority basis, please be aware that it may not be possible to attend to your problem the same day you report it, especially at busy times of the year.

How do I report emergency maintenance overnight or at weekends?
If you have a maintenance problem that needs urgent assistance when the Management Office is closed you should contact the member of staff on site. The phone number is provided within your welcome information and notice boards within your flat. The Caretaker will respond to your problem and do whatever is possible to resolve the issue, but it may not always be possible to complete the repair out of office hours.

Where can I do my Laundry?
A laundry room is provided with washers and dryers on site. A laundry card is required which can be obtained from Reception for a £5 deposit. Credit can be added to the card in multiples of £5 and £10 through a machine in Reception during office hours. Each machine cycle costs £1.50.

Where can I collect my post?
Pigeon holes containing your post are located within Reception. You can collect your post during office opening hours. Parcels and Recorded mail will be signed for by Victoria Hall staff without liability.

Who is responsible for cleaning my flat?
It is the resident’s own responsibility to clean their rooms and they share responsibility for the communal area of the flat. Management Staff will conduct monthly inspections and you are expected to ensure that your room and flat is clean on these days. Failure to meet the required cleanliness standards will result in external cleaning contractors being brought in, the cost of which will be passed onto the resident(s). At the end of the tenancy the bedroom and flat must be returned in a good, clean condition to avoid cleaning charges, again it is the responsibility of all residents to ensure the kitchen and lounge are clean. The block stairways are regularly cleaned by Victoria Hall staff.

Can I smoke at Victoria Hall?
Smoking is not permitted in any area within Victoria Hall Nottingham; this includes bedrooms, stairwells and external courtyard areas.

Can I decorate my room?
You are responsible for ensuring that you leave your room and flat in the same condition that is was given to you. You will be asked to complete and return an inventory to record the condition of your room upon arrival. Marks, including those caused by blu-tac, white-tac or pins will require painting once you have left and you may be charged in line with our advertised schedule of charges.

Can I have guests to stay?
Occasional overnight guests are permitted provided your flatmates agree. All overnight guests must be signed in at Reception for safety, security and so that staff know who is on site in the event of an emergency. You must accompany your guests at all times whilst they are on site and you are responsible for their behaviour.

Are there any guest rooms on site that I can book?
No, Victoria Hall does not have guest rooms.

Can my visitors park on site?
Victoria Hall Nottingham does not provide parking.

Can visitors just walk in?
Our accommodation has gates at the entrances to ensure that only residents have access to the site. Visitors will need to contact Reception or yourself to gain access. All visitors should be signed in at Reception, this is for reasons of safety, security and to ensure that in the event of an emergency, Management know who is on site. Visitors must be accompanied by residents at all times whilst on site.

Can I bring a pet?
No pets of any type are permitted at Victoria Hall.

What if I have a complaint?
We hope that you never have any reason to be dissatisfied with the service we provide to you. However if you have any issues that you would like to bring to our attention please contact a member of staff in your Management Office who will endeavor to resolve the problem for you.


Do I pay a deposit?
Victoria Hall does not take any deposits. The payment you make upon booking is a rental payment.

What options are there for me to pay my rent by?
You can pay your rent by cheque or credit/debit card. It is also possible for payments to be made by cash or bank transfer but you will need to make arrangements with the Management Office for this as usually your rent will be automatically taken from the details you provided upon booking. You can choose to pay your rent in two instalments on the due dates we have in place, in doing this you receive a 3% discount off the total amount due!
Alternatively you can choose to pay in 4 instalments on the due dates we have in place. If you choose to pay in instalments you will need to provide a UK guarantor who is in full time employment to support your application.

I do not live in the UK – how can I pay my rent?
If you do not live in the UK and do not have a UK guarantor, you will need to pay for your rent in full. You can arrange to do this either by credit/debit card, international cheque or bank transfer. Please be aware that if paying by cheque or bank transfer the bank will usually deduct charges from the amount you send us and you will need to pay the amount due before you can move in.

Do I need a Guarantor?
All UK students can choose to pay in installments as long as they can provide a UK guarantor. If you cannot provide a Guarantor you will need to pay the full years rent upon booking your accommodation.

Can I pay my rent with my student loan?
Please note that we don’t wait on student loans here at Nottingham and payments will need to be made on the due dates.

What should I do if I am having financial problems?
If you are having financial difficulties you should contact a member of the Management immediately. Failure to do so could result in interest charges being added to your account if you fail to pay on the due dates as well as legal proceedings being started against you and, where applicable, your Guarantor. Management staff can usually advise you of where to go to get additional financial help which will assist you in meeting your financial obligations.

What if I change my bank account or card details?
Please notify a member of Management Staff immediately with any new details to ensure your rent is taken on the due date and to avoid any unnecessary charges.

Can I pay with foreign currency or travellers cheques?
Victoria Hall cannot accept foreign currency or travellers cheques as payment. The safest and simplest way for international students to make a payment is by Credit/Debit card or bank transfer.

How can I find out how much I owe?
Contact a member of the Management Team who will be able to advise you of payment amounts and dates due.

What if I don’t pay?
If you don’t pay your rent daily interest may be added to the amount you owe to us. Your Guarantor will be contacted and will be asked to pay the amount that you owe. Victoria Hall will commence legal proceedings against any resident who fails to pay the rent due. These proceeding will also include action against the resident’s Guarantor.


Do I need to pay council tax?
Provided you are a student in full time education you will be exempt from Council Tax.

Do I have to pay any Utility bills?
Our rents are inclusive of electricity consumption up to the value of £300 per room. Statements are issued monthly and should your share of the charges incurred by the flat exceed this allowance you will be required to make additional payments for the additional electricity consumed. No charge is made for water consumption. There is no gas at Victoria Hall Nottingham.

Is there a charge for the internet?

A 12Mb connection is provided to your room free of charge. Should you wish to upgrade to a faster connection you should contact our internet provider and payments can be made online.

Do I need a TV licence?
Victoria Hall Nottingham does not supply a TV licence for the television supplied in the lounge area of your flat. You should purchase one prior to connecting the TV as detailed in your tenancy agreement. Should you bring a television for your bedroom or access TV through your internet connection you will need to arrange for a separate TV licence. Please contact TV Licensing for further details.

How do I make an insurance claim?
Basic insurance cover is provided for each resident. Details of your cover is provided within your welcome pack at arrival. Should you wish to make an insurance claim you will need to contact the insurance company directly. Contents insurance with Endsleigh.

Moving Out

What do I need to do before I move out?
You are expected to ensure that your room and flat are returned at the end of your contract in good condition. You must make sure that all areas within the flat are cleaned thoroughly and that all rubbish and unwanted items are removed from the flat to avoid any charges being incurred. Damage to the flat or missing items will be charged for in accordance with the publicised charges in Reception. You must ensure that all outstanding invoices are settled prior to your departure. A final room and bedroom check will be completed at the end of your contract, you should arrange an appointment if you wish to be present when this takes place. Don’t forget to return your laundry card to get your £5 refund!

How do I return my keys?
During office hours they should be returned to the Management Office. If you move out when the office is closed you should put your keys in an envelope with your name and room number clearly marked on it, and return them to the member of staff on duty.

Will I get a deposit returned to me?
Victoria Hall does not take deposits. All damages will be invoiced for after your departure.